Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday Tip! In the Kitchen

  I don't know about you but I sure do like to make and drink sweet tea.  Maybe it's a southern thing, but it sure is the best.   I can't stand that fake powder crap...yuck! So you won't find that in my pantry.  I make it all year round. I have my way of making it - how many bags to boil, how many scoops of sugar to stir in, how much water to add in the pitcher.  My brother and I will compete and see who makes it the best....   

Of course I saw this tip on Pinterest!!  
And you know what? It really worked!

The Proof!

I'm not going to go into scientific details...so don't ask!  I just put a wooden spoon over the pot and it worked.  My tea didn't boil over.  If you use this tip, you will still want to keep an eye on it, just like you would with anything you have on the stove.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up to Blissful and Domestics Sunday Blog Hop. You rock!

    Also now following you

    Danielle
    Blissful and Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sweet tea LOVER too! I think it probably is a southern thing. ;) New follower, hope you had a great weekend!! =)
    www.TheLatestFind.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so how do you make it?!?!?! dying to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly how I make our tea! The spoon really works too. We use lipton. I boil my water, take off the stove let tea bags steep 6 minutes. What's your speciality?
    You are so crafty too! I'll have to share some things my mom makes. She is quite the sewer like you.
    I'm following you girl! Thank you for checking out my blog too.
    Cortne
    cocoinmagnolia.com

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments! so let me know what you think!
it's easier to reply to comments by email, so if you have no-reply I can't tell you how sweet your comment was.