Friday, August 31, 2012

Can you see it.... Can you feel it.... Can you smell it....

What am I talking about you ask - only the most glorious season of the year...

Fall

Source
 Technically it's still about 3 or 4 weeks away, but who cares I will still say it's Fall after Labor day!

I can feel the change coming, the nights have a slight cooler breeze.  It's getting darker a tad bit earlier than it was last week.  We could go almost to 8:45 and still have light out.  Now, it's 8:30 and the sun is set. 

We'll be able to buy pomegranates from the market, yummy! I can also see the pecans on the trees, before you know they will be falling and ready for the picking. Soon pumpkins will start to appear.  I can go into Bed Bath & Beyond just to smell all the cinnamon scented pine cones and candles (yes, I do that). Baking treats is my absolute favorite thing to do....(squeal) ← can you tell I'm excited, lol!

Halloween and Thanksgiving decor is out.....Even Christmas is out.  Well in Hobby Lobby it is, they start putting it out in mid-July.  Crazy right, but they have a lot of space to set up. So I can understand.  I took out my Christmas tree's too, they have to be pre-fluffed. What...you don't pre-fluff the branches?  I know, I'm crazy but this is my favorite time of the year....I'm always super busy, I have classes at night, and my weekends are jam packed with errands, so  I start early. 

Between the studying and catching up on some movies with theHubs this weekend.  I will be trying my hand at baking.... breads, biscuits, rolls.  We'll see how that turns out.  I know it's still a little warm out, but I 'm so ready to start the Holiday cooking and baking. *\(",)/*

Source
 Every one have a safe and wonderful Labor Day weekend!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

i ♥ comments! so let me know what you think!
it's easier to reply to comments by email, so if you have no-reply I can't tell you how sweet your comment was.