Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pictures and Words Wednesday! A couple of pregnancy questions too!

Today is the day....I've finally hit the half way mark in this pregnancy!!  I still can't believe this is really happening, then I get a nice swift kick to my guts to bring me to reality.  Those little toes are too active.
 
Most parents have dilemmas and these are some of mine...
 
They range from stressing out over kids clothes sizes....which I shouldn't have to worry about just yet...but I do.  I worry about if I'm going to be a great mom.  Will I cry if the baby is crying....see I'm nuts.
 
Here are some of the more important issues that are currently on our brain.  My doctor has given me a due date in the 3rd week of January!  I have a question for other moms that might happen upon today's post.  Since I will be a first time mom,  should I expect to deliver before or after my due date?  I do plan on working until I can't waddle through the front door anymore.  The Hubs has asked if I would like to be a stay at home mom......which I would guess is most moms wish to do.  Don't get me wrong I so want to stay at home with baby, helloooo I'm not carrying a tiny human for almost 40 weeks just to have someone else take care of them.  But, even though I want to stay home I feel guilty....why...because I wouldn't want to put all of the responsibility on the Hubs.  Financially we are great, that's not the issue.  It's hard to explain how I feel, I was raised by a single mom, who taught us to be very independent, so sometimes I want to take charge of things and situations. I have the most amazing husband, he has provided me with all of my needs and has given me most of my wants.  I definitely have no complaints.  I just feel that I am capable of working to provide for my family as well.  I guess I'm just thinking too much.  I have some decisions to make pretty soon.  What do you think?
 
 
Sorry this is not the best picture....but here is my belly at 5 months!
 
 

Pregnancy Questionnaire
How far along: 20 weeks
 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 2LBS

Maternity clothes: Definitely

Stretch marks: Nope

Sleep: Sleeping is uncomfortable

Best moment last week: Feeling the baby's movements more and more!

Movement: lots of swishing going on! 

Food cravings: Seafood, spicy foods, watermelon, and chocolate milk
 
Food aversions:  lettuce & sweet or sugary stuff (boohoo) 
 
Gender: Still a secret.....though it has slipped to a few and they have sworn secrecy until the day we announce!  This is sooooooo hard, lol!

Labor signs: None, thank goodness.

Belly button - in or out? in, but the bottom half is starting to stretch. GROSS!
 

What I miss: energy and sleeping on my stomach
What I am looking forward to: Finally revealing the baby gender.

Milestones: I've finally reached the half way mark in this pregnancy!! 



Everyone have a great week!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fifi! first congrats. Being my "kids" are nearly 25 and 30, I do have a few words of wisdom. All I can really say is to try not to worry so much as the baby can sense your tension. Just relax and enjoy these precious moments, both while being pregnant though uncomfortable, but mostly afterward when the baby arrives. Stressing out is not good for you or the baby. They can sense it. Just be natural and things will work out just as they need to. I tried to work for a while then stopped and so glad I did, until time for pre school, It's good for them to be around other kids for socializing (and for you, too!). Hope this helps a bit. Glad you're financially able to stay home if you wish to do so. Relax and let them pamper you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!

    I enjoyed my visit with you!! I ♥ your posts.

    I just had to "follow" you so not to miss anything! It would make me so happy if you would follow me too. :)

    Have a beautiful week!

    Lots of BIG Hugs,

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments! so let me know what you think!
it's easier to reply to comments by email, so if you have no-reply I can't tell you how sweet your comment was.